FANUC Products on Display
products including the M-16iB
robot, the V-500iA/3DL and FS-30 sensors will perform operations. The robot is controlled by the R-J3iB
. The M-16iB
can use the iPendant.
- At the show, the M-16iB robot, equipped with FANUC’s V-500iA/3DL laser vision sensor and FS-30 Force Sensor will perform three assembly processes. First, the 3-D laser vision sensor will identify and locate a cluster gear assembly from a tray. The robot will pick up the assembly and use force control to mount it to a fixtured gear housing (shaft insertion). Next, the robot will use vision to locate and pick up an idler gear and assemble it to a pinion and the cluster gear (spline matching).
- The six-axis M-16iB series is the latest generation robotic solution for a variety of medium-payload manufacturing and system processes such as material removal, part transfer, machine tending, part and case packing, dispensing and assembly.
- The M-16iB's wrist is 14 percent smaller than previous models, and the arm is six percent smaller, allowing the robot to reach into extremely compact work areas. While the wrist and arm are smaller, the robot has enhanced loading capabilities. The wrist payload has increased from 16 to 20 kg.
- The M-16i B uses FANUC Robotics' R-J3iB Controller, which has the highest performance ever for FANUC robot controllers with increased processing speed, memory, I/O and communication processor enhancements over the previous R-J3 controller.
- The robot also supports the i Pendant, an innovative color graphic user interface device to the FANUC R-J3iB Controller that is based on Internet technology.