FANUC Release Intelligent Automation
has combined their robots with sight technology, which has greatly expanded and improved applications. There are multiple systems created for certain purposes including, the LR Mate 200iB
that will aid in assembly
. Another example includes the M-420iA
, used in handling
to improve speed.
- FANUC Robotics’ Intelligent Robots with integrated vision and force sensors are designed for a wide range of precision applications including mechanical assembly (clutch, valve, bearing and shaft insertion), material removal, de-racking, bin picking and material handling.
- The Intelligent Robot is available with a wide range of reach and payload capabilities to meet a variety of application requirements. Featuring vision and force sensing capabilities, the family of six-axis Intelligent Robots is easy to program and operate with the latest i Pendant featuring an integrated Web browser and optional Touch Panel screen. The series includes a standard FANUC robot, FANUC force and/or vision sensor and advanced process software.
- Intelligent bin picking system -- A FANUC M-16iB Intelligent Robot equipped with FANUC's V-5000iA/3DL laser vision sensor and bin picking software will demonstrate bin picking of powertrain components.
- A typical 3-D vision application finds the location and orientation of discrete parts in a known field of view. In bin picking applications, parts are often randomly piled in a bin, so while the bin can be located within known limits, the parts cannot.
- Intelligent valve insertion system - A FANUC M-16iB Intelligent Robot equipped with FANUC’s V-500iA/3DL laser vision sensor and FS-30 force sensor will demonstrate valve insertion to a six-cylinder engine head.
- Intelligent assembly system - Two FANUC LR Mate 200iB Intelligent Robots equipped with FANUC’s V-500iA/2DV and V-500iA/3DV vision sensors, and FS-30 force sensor will demonstrate assembly of a FANUC ROBOCUT Wire Feeder Unit. The robots will work together to perform insertion of rollers, and assembly of gears and camshafts.
- Intelligent material handling/removal system - The new M-900iA/350 robot, equipped with FANUC’s unique V-500iA/3DL 3-D vision technology, will select and transfer an automotive engine block from an overhead conveyor. The M-900iA/350 will present the part to a FANUC F-200iB pedestal robot, which will simulate rough deflashing.
- Intelligent, high-speed part handling - The M-420iA, equipped with FANUC’s V-500iA/2DV vision sensor, will demonstrate the advantages of using visual line tracking to pick and transfer randomly placed connecting rods at high speeds. Visual line tracking provides the flexibility to handle multiple parts on the same automation line, eliminating the need for costly fixtures, and reducing changeover time.