KUKA Selected to Provide Robotics for New Plastic Part Trimming Cell
- KUKA Robotics Corporation, a leading global manufacturer of
industrial robots, today announced it has been selected by its new
system partner, Rimrock Corporation, as its robotics supplier for the
- The pre-designed routing, cutting, and trimming robotic
system uses the KUKA robot inverted and mounted to a Gudel TrackMotion
system providing a reliable and cost effective alternative to manual or
CNC router operations.
- "We chose KUKA for their commitment to producing quality
products and the KUKA KR 60 robot specifically for its flexibility and
stiff arm design which allows for a more adaptable and accurate
trimming tool," said Dave Voves, Vice president and general manager for
- The KUKA KR 60 robot is a six-axis robot with a 2429 mm reach and is capable of handling up to a 60 kg payload.
- Rimrock Corporation, headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, was
founded in 1956 and is a premier supplier of automation products &
robotic integration services for North America.
- Their robotic automation systems are installed in a variety
of industries including automotive, aerospace, marine, recreational
vehicle, off highway industrial vehicle, foundry, forging, & die