Round 'em Up: Manufacturing Technology Highlights
- As for perhaps the most colorful tech highlight of the show, robots were EVERYWHERE.
- ABB Robotics, for instance, has expanded its IRB line of
6-axis, shelf-mounted robots for machine loading/unloading with a new
model aimed at midsize and large presses.
- Fanuc Robotics showed how its R-2000iB 6-axis robot is designed for part transfer, machine loading and other tasks.
- Motoman’s new DA20 dual-arm model handles a 44.1-lb. payload per arm, operating in a variety of modes
- Motoman also highlighted its IA20 model, a 7-axis,
single-arm robot that can straighten out vertically to take up only 1
sq. ft. of floor space, or straighten out horizontally at a height of
about 2 ft. above the floor.
- As if six axes, seven axes and even 13 axes weren't enough, Motoman also demonstrated its bartending robot for visitors.