Various Motoman Robots on Display
will be on display in hopes of increasing curiosity about automation
. Robots such as the UP20
will be performing operations. Other Motoman
products that will be on display include the UP6
- A new exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry features Motoman robots performing a variety of interactive demonstrations designed to capture the imaginations of children and spark their interest in careers in the automation field.
- The idea for the museum exhibit grew in part out of a visit by MSI representatives to Motoman’s exhibit at the International Manufacturing Technologies Show that featured several live demonstrations, including multiple robot control, with three robots performing a complex series of choreographed movements.
- Several MSI representatives then visited Motoman’s headquarters in Ohio where they saw an extensive variety of live robot demonstrations involving a wide range of industrial applications , and even got a chance to play "race the robot" in the lobby.
- One cell consists of three six-axis Motoman UP20 robots holding plasma screen video monitors. The three robots "dance" to a variety of music and move the monitors around while videos on engineering, science and technology display on the plasma screens.
- A second cell consists of a six-axis UP20 robot equipped with an automatic tool changer and a smaller UP6 robot , both directed by one XRC controller .