Pick and place robot system created to sort 3-4 different parts quickly and efficiently from one conveyor to two others - one for good and one bad parts.
RobotWorx provided the right robot models (Motoman UP20 XRC) to accomplish this challenging task. Grippers and manual tool changers were required to handle the various parts.
- Exactness: The Motoman robot system had to maintain a high level of precision movement and repeatability.
- Flexibility: The application demanded robotic flexibility and tooling flexibility to handle the parts appropriately.
- Affordability: Company required low-cost, reconditioned robots and controller components.
RobotWorx Solution Details:
- Two Motoman UP20 XRC Robots - These reconditioned 6-axis medium reach robots have 20kg payload capabilities and 1658mm horizontal reaches. This particular model can be installed in nearly any location: floor, wall, ceiling.
- XRC Controller and Teach Pendant - The XRC controller memory is capable of storing a maximum of 60,000 steps and 20,000 instructions. Ergonomic and user-friendly, the teach pendant has a 5.7 inch LED screen.