Foundry Robot Integrated for Press Tending Application
Reconditioned robot solution met all specifications for material handling with efficiency and safety in a foundry setting.
- Press Tending: Robot inserts a round billets into the press machine, then removes the seamless aerospace engine rings that are created. Needed a long reach robot model to handle application.
- Environmental Conditions: Robot's wrist must withstand high temperatures and have a heavy weight capability.
- Safety: Robot will save workers from the hazards of the job: extreme heat, fumes, heavy lifting, and the potential dangers presented by the press machine.
RobotWorx Solution Details:
- Fanuc S900W - Heavy-duty reconditioned 6-axis robot with 300kg payload capability and a long horizontal reach (2488mm).
- RJ2 Controller/Teach Pendant - 40 inputs/outputs; Backlit LCD with multifunction capabilities.