To keep up with constant product changes and small batch manufacturing, this customer required a material handling solution that was adaptive. RobotWorx' custom workcell solution is flexible enough to accommodate this, while also maintaining a compact footprint.
- Application: Needed initial integration to handle 2" diameter cylindrical parts with accuracy and speed.
- Footprint: The workcell had to fit within a compact footprint. RobotWorx chose to use space wisely with a selection of sliding trays.
- Flexibility: System had to be easily reconfigurable and programmable to switch to different tasks quickly.
- Complexity: Required a workcell that could process incoming and outgoing parts.
RobotWorx Solution Details:
- Articulated Robot: The Fanuc M6iB RJ3iB is a reconditioned 6-axis medium reach robot with a 6kg payload capability and 1373mm horizontal reach. The Fanuc RJ3iB controller and color teach pendant also included.
- EOAT: Dual-ended parallel gripper with two sets of custom machined fingers. Includes spreader plate and robot mount, solenoids, presence sensors, option plug, junction box, regulator, air lines.
- Slide Load Tray Unit: Slide mechanism for presenting new parts to the robot in a consistent manner. Slide is manually pushed or pulled into place and held with a pneumatic shot pin. Free standing unit includes five load/unload slide trays. Interlock on drawers to ensure robot movement only when the drawer is in the right place.
- Safety Package: This material handling workcell is completely safeguarded with
hard fencing, one entry door interlock, a set of light curtains for protection of the arm from the automatic door (stands included), and one interlock on loading tray mechanism. The RJ3iB controller provides additional, internal collision protection.
- Training: Customer was provided a day of free training at RobotWorx' Marion, Ohio facility.
- Warranty: A year of coverage. RobotWorx' warranty includes 100% parts and labor.
Watch a video of this material handling workcell.