Self-Integrating a Robotic Welding Cell
Self-integrating a robotic welding system provides some
cost-savings, however it also includes a great amount of risks as the end
user assumes all the responsibility. It also requires the person integrating to have a great deal of knowledge on robotic systems including robotic cell design, process welding requirements, tooling requirements, system documentation, and more.
If this sounds intimidating, than consider integrating an automation system with a robotic integrator such as RobotWorx. RobotWorx will help to keep things simple, stress-free, and surprisingly affordable.
When choosing to work with a robotic integrator such as RobotWorx, you will receive the following benefits:
- RobotWorx has over 25 years of robotic integration experience that provides invaluable insight to our customers. Our aim is to use that experience to optimize your production flow by using our knowledge of what has and hasn’t worked in the past. We will get a good understanding of any existing processes and workflow you may have and choose the right process step and location of for your weld cell.
- RobotWorx will also help to evaluate and confirm the weldment can be successfully welded with a robot. Ideally, weld joints should be flat or in a horizontal position. Welding robots do not like gaps, so we will pay close attention to the location and quality of weld joints.
- Replacing manual processes with the efficiency of robots leads to increased production and profits by decreasing cycle time. Our experience with robot integration can provide you with an estimate for a part cycle time after evaluating the distance a part must travel, complexity of the cycle, quality of other machinery involved, flexibility and features of the robot, and tooling choices.
- A robotic integrator like RobotWorx has extensive knowledge of the best welders, wire feeders, wire size, power sources, tools, etc. for a specific project. Design reviews can also be conducted in order to ensure the tool can be easily loaded and unloaded and that the weld torch can access the weld joint with proper torch angles.
- RobotWorx will also take care of the robot programming. The weld quality can then be validated by running the parts through with their final dimensions to make sure everything is running as planned.
- At RobotWorx, every robot purchase includes free training for up to 3 people at the RobotWorx Marion, Ohio facility.
- We are a full solution provider for welding applications and workcells. All of our products include the incredible value of our RobotWorx Value Package.
If you are deciding between self-integration and choosing a robotic integrator, it is wise to get a quote to compare your options with your budget. RobotWorx experts take pride in their knowledge and customer service; we look forward to working with you. RobotWorx is a certified integrator for several different companies, including FANUC, Motoman, KUKA, and ABB. Our staff will work with you to get you the best system for the best price.
For more information on automation, contact RobotWorx representatives online or call us at 740-251-4312.