There are specific guidelines to follow when shipping a robot and RobotWorx can help you with this procedure.
To ensure you receive the maximum value for your used robotic equipment, you should protect it from shipping damage. You can do so by following these guidelines:
- The equipment must be on skids or crated, with nothing extending over the edge. The robot arm should be bolted to the skid, as strapping may damage the arm. The controller should be strapped or banded to the skid, but take care not to place the strapping over the controller door.
- The robot arm should be in the squatted position.
- The teach pendant should be bubble-wrapped and placed in the controller or in a box secured to the skid.
- All cables should be disconnected from the arm to the controller and wrapped around the base of the controller. They can also be placed on top of the controller and then secured to the skid. Do not cut the cables.
- All items should be shrink-wrapped.
- Accessories, such as the manuals, should be boxed and then secured to the skid.
- Assure that the equipment is placed upright and securely in the shipping trailer. Place tarps on items loaded onto flatbed trucks.
- For added protection, we recommend you photograph all equipment loaded for shipping before it leaves your facility.
If you have any further questions, please contact the RobotWorx acquisitions department at 740-251-4312.