Motoman HP20-6 Workcell Welds Military Gas Tanks
Unique turnkey welding workcell designed to meet customer specifications. Robotic system had to be flexible - able to weld two different types of military fuel tanks. The workcell increased cycle speed, conserved product and cost, and improved quality. A complete safety environment was built into the system as well.
- Quality: With robotic welding, the results were consistent and thorough. Weld quality increased considerably, leading to less wasted product.
- Safety: Every welding danger was kept at bay with a complete safety environment. Workers and equipment were protected from welding fumes, smoke, glare, and heat.
- Speed: The system was able to weld efficiently, increasing overall cycle speed. Throughput has improved as well.
- Conservation: The finished HP20-6 welding system has a compact footprint and an efficient use of time and materials. There are fewer mistakes and waste and greater productivity.
RobotWorx Solution Details:
- Motoman HP20-6 XRC - A reconditioned 6-axis extended reach robot with 6kg payload capability. Highly flexible, this 6-axis vertically articulated robot can reach a full 1915mm horizontally.
- XRC Controller - The reliable XRC controller and teach pendant provides for easy programming and top performance.
- Fronius TransPulse - 400 amp pulsing power source with water cooled welding torch, push-pull gun, synergic and spatter free ignition software, spool holder, backliner, welding leads, safety holder & wire feeder.
- Head/Tailstock - Reconditioned servo controlled head/tailstock with 500kg capacity. Includes prototype tooling, cradle, and integration to robot controls. Approximately 8' between the faceplates.
- Operator Station - This central operating location allows for easy access Start, E-stop, Servo-On, Hold, and Re-Start button commands.
- Safety Package - Includes hard fencing, one door interlock, and one set of light curtains. Arc glare protection is also included.
For more information on integrating industrial robots and workcells for welding applications, contact RobotWorx here, or call 740-251-4312.