Reconditioned Assembly Robot Constructs Lock Fixture
A company was searching to successfully improve assembly cycle times for lock fixtures.
- A nimble robot that could assemble four parts of a lock fixture: spring, washer, a stamping, and T-shaped casting.
- End product weight needed to be limited to 2 ounces, with a 5/8" diameter and length of 1.5".
- Eliminate wasted time and materials with consistent assembly, while also removing workers from hazards of repetitive movement injury.
RobotWorx Solution Details:
- Robot: A reconditioned Motoman UP6 was chosen to complete the job. It is a 6-axis, medium reach robot with 6kg payload capability.
- EOAT: Provided by the customer.
- Controller: The Motoman XRC Controller and Teach Pendant is paired with the UP6; it has a 32-bit RISC architecture and the ability to control up to four robots.
This company was able to increase their overall effectiveness, productivity, and happiness. RobotWorx is always happy to see a job well done and to supply companies with a robot system that met all of their requirements and exceeded their expectations. The quality of our work is just as important to us as it is to you.