Reconditioned Motoman Workcell for Welding Automobile Roofs
A company desired to increase their cycle times and throughput with a Ferris wheel positioner, efficient welding solution that would create less downtime. RobotWorx excels at integrating reconditioned robot systems for multi-welding automotive components that help to increase speeds, safety, and improve the overall weld quality.
- Need a welding automation system that could perform consistent weld quality on multiple unique welds (22 B side/ 20 A side).
- Minimize wasted time, cost, and materials.
- Improve worker health by eliminating direct contact with arc glare, smoke, fumes, etc.
RobotWorx Solution Details:
- Workcell: Certified reconditioned ArcWorld 6000 system.
- Robot: A reconditioned Motoman UP6 XRC was perfect for the job; it provides a 6-axis, medium reach with 6kg payload capability.
- Power Source: A Miller Auto Delta Weld 452 was selected as it provides 450 amp CV power source with air-cooled welding torch, safety holder, and wire feeder.
- Positioner - The Ferris wheel type positioner with a pair of indexing head/tail stocks; this includes an arc-glare divider and a common base for robot/indexer.
- Safety Package - The safety package designed for the welding cell includes hard fencing with arc glare protection, one door interlock, and light curtain protection for operator safety.
- Operator Station - Operator controls: Cycle Start, E-Stop, Hold, etc.
The company chose to purchase a welding cell from RobotWorx that would increase their welding application speed and functionality during production. RobotWorx was able to provide the company with a system that met all of the company's needs and expectations.
Contact Us! If you are ready to advance your welding process, get started today by calling 740-251-4321 or contacting us online to speak with an expert.