RobotWorx Custom Workcell with new Motoman UP20D
An automotive manufacturer from Shelbyville, Indiana was looking for a system to automate their cutting application. They currently have workers cutting excess carpet and materials by hand. RobotWorx supplied the company with a custom workcell using a Weiss turntable, a Motoman UP20D robot, a DX100 controller and an ultrasonic knife end-of-arm-tooling (EOAT). The workcell system reduced their cycle times.
- Increase cycle times: The customer manufactures automobiles and was looking to automate their currently manual cutting application. They chose to automate to increase their cycle times.
RobotWorx Solution Details:
- Robot: A new Motoman UP20D cutting robot with a Motoman DX100controller and teach pendant provided the customer with the versatility needed for their cutting application.
- Positioner: The workcell was outfitted with a new Weiss turntable to hold the carpeted part and rotate it in and out of the UP20D’s work area.
- Fixtures: The fixtures mounted on the turntable were custom built from Hipshure Tool and Die.
- EOAT: The workcell has an SF-8500RR Ultrasonic Knife EOAT powered by an SF-3441 Oscillator.
- Safety package: The custom safety package with the unit included STI 4-foot light curtains and an interlocking door on one side of the TROAX fencing that was custom-built for the unit.
The customer chose RobotWorx to help increase the cycle times of their cutting application. RobotWorx was able to meet the customer’s expectations by reducing their cycle times considerably.