Shear Machine Tending with Fanuc R-2000iA
- Material Handling: Integrate a robot to pick up bar stock weighing as much as 140lbs and then stack them neatly.
- Tooling Feasibility: Integrate and test pre-existing magnetic gripper EOAT for suitability.
- Handling Stations: Recreate the shear machines 20 degree angled pick point and stacking area. Test feasibility. Limit robot range to specific work envelope.
- Speed: Meet cycle time requirement with a full handling cycle in six seconds or less.
- Versatility: Robot and EOAT had to be able to accommodate parts of different weights.
RobotWorx Solution Details:
- Fanuc R-2000iA - Reconditioned, 6-axis robot provided the reach (2650mm horizontal), speed, and payload (165kg) capabilities necessary to handle the tending.
- Controller - Fanuc RJ3iB controller and teach pendant provide user-friendly, advanced control for all robot functionality and movement.
- Software - Robot was outfitted with Fanuc licensed software for material handling applications.
- Operator Station - This interface provides a number of standard controls for safety and operation.
Want more information on material handling or machine tending robots? Contact our team by filling out this form, or call 740-251-4312.