Out with the old, in with the newer, reconditioned robots! This customer was looking for an affordable upgrade for a multi-robot palletizing configuration. RobotWorx supplied and integrated five Fanuc robots into the preexisting conveyor arrangement, and met all application needs.
- Work with Preexisting System:
Customer needed a group of robots that would replace worn out models. Arrangement of conveyors and pallets will remain the same, so RobotWorx technicians will need to integrate robots to fit.
- Payload to Accommodate Parts:
Cases of shotgun shells weigh as much as 23kg each.
- Attain Proper Cycle Speed:
The robot must stack at least six ammunition cases per minute. Pallets are stacked seven layers high.
- Reach Requirements:
Need a robot with a wide work envelope. Must extend at least 2286mm from the center of the robot.
RobotWorx Solution Details:
- Reconditioned Robots: Five reconditioned S-430iW RJ3 robots. These heavy-duty 6-axis robots provide an expansive horizontal reach of 2643mm. The S-430iW robots also offer hefty 165kg payload capacities. Each S-430iW is attached to a 12" riser and weighs a full 1300kg.
- Controls: Fanuc RJ3 controllers and matching teach pendants.
- Licensed Software: One copy of Fanuc licensed software for material handling applications.
- Warranty: One year full RobotWorx warranty.
- Training and Install: Customer received free training at RobotWorx facility, plus a few days covering installation and additional training.