Integration for Robotic Flame Spray Application
Met all robot equipment and project quality needs. Unique flame spraying job required a complete feasibility study and robot model evaluation. Thermal spraying involves melting material with an oxyfuel gas flame and propelling it onto the part.
- Flame spray a 6' tube that rotates continuously at 115 rpm
- Achieved a travel speed of at least 19 inches per second
- Integrate robot to perform in following setting:
Booth is 9.5' x 9.5' x 13' (hwl)
33" tall turntable
Thermal spraying hood for overspray - 65" tall
- EOAT positioning: robot must hold spray gun 3" from the thermal spraying hood and move the entire height allowed by the hood.
- With automation, all the hazards associated with this application (extreme heat, smoke, overspray) can be handled safely by the robot.
RobotWorx Solution Details: