RobotWorx Pre-engineered Workcell Built for Ammo-Box Welding
Metal fabricating company required a custom-built workcell with a manual turntable for military arc welding application. RobotWorx created a RW900 workcell which in turn improved safety, weld quality, throughput, and cycle time.
- Welding both aluminum and steel components for ammo-style boxes measuring 3'L x 12"W x 8"D.
- Increased weldment quality - appearance and consistency.
- Boost productivity with faster throughput and efficient cycle runs.
- Safety environment supplies complete protection for both workers and robotic equipment. Workers protected from welding glare, arc, heat, smoke, and fumes.
- Provided a workcell with the proper dimensions and flexibility. The RW900 can be easily moved with a forklift, outfitted with another robot and/or EOAT to accommodate part changes.
RobotWorx Solution Details:
- RobotWorx RW900 - Includes a manually rotated 180 degree indexer, forklift-able common base, rigid steel safety enclosure, dual steel mesh doors with arc glare protection, dual electronic door interlocks, operator station, robot operation light mounted to the front of the cell to indicate when the table can or cannot be spun, and common power disconnect.
- Positioner 180 Degree Indexer - Two position manual rotate indexer for dual station operation with arc-glare divider. Proximity sensors mounted and integrated to robot controls for side of operation confirmation.
- Motoman SSA2000 - New 6-axis medium reach robot with through arm cabling.
- NX100 controller and teach pendant.
- Miller Auto Axcess - New 450 amp CV/Pulsing power source with air cooled welding torch, safety holder & wire feeder.
- Positioner 180 Degree Indexer - Two position manual rotate indexer for dual station operation. Includes arc-glare divider. Proximity sensors mounted and integrated to robot controls for side of operation confirmation.
- Operator Station - Start, E-stop, Servo-On, Hold, Re-Start.
- Safety Package - Includes hard fencing, two door interlocks on man doors.