When a tank manufacturing company needed two welding robots to meet specific quality requirements, RobotWorx delivered. The solution integrates extended-reach robots with vision peripherals, providing optimal weld results.
- High Quality Welds: Final robotic system must provide fully welded seams. The tanks being welded are constructed from hot rolled steel 3/8" thick.
- Reach: Customer required a robotic solution with an extended reach of at least 3m. The robot's work envelope had to accommodate large boxes with dimensions similar to: 144" x 200" x84".
- Vision: Servo robot camera to assist robot in seam tracking for tank welds.
- Two Fanuc M-710iC/20L R30iA Robots: With 20kg payloads and extended 3,110mm reaches, these 6-axis models fit the welding and work envelope requirements. One of the robots was brand new, while the other, less expensive model, was a stock demonstration model. Each robot was equipped with ArcTool operating software and a Servo Robot sensor interface.
- New Welding Power Sources: Complete Lincoln PowerWave 455 air-cooled welding power supply package. Includes Powerfeed 10R wire drive unit, cables, and ArcLink communications.
- Welding Torch Packages: RobotWorx outfitted the Fanuc M-710iC/20L robots with water-cooled torches, mount brackets, and Binzel safety clutches.
- Servo Robot RoboNet Master Controllers: These units track and inspect weld seams and use serial connections to communicate with the Fanuc M-710iC/20L.
- Servo Robot DIGI-I/S Laser Cameras: Both Fanuc robots are equipped with high resolution, digital cameras. Each has programmable point of view.
- Laser Camera Air Cooling and Air Filtering Units: The cameras require airflow and pressure controls as well as filters for this air supply.
- Insulated Support for Camera: A faceplate mounting device.
- Training: Free training at RobotWorx' facility.
- Complete Warranty: One full year warranty.