Benefits of Industrial Robots
Apr 9, 2014
Industrial robots have significantly enhanced productivity, safety, and time efficiency in various industries. By performing precise and consistent work, robots can produce high-quality results without requiring breaks or time off. Additionally, they help reduce the risk of injury or exposure to dangerous environments.
Advantages of Robots
The first industrial robot was introduced to the U.S. in the 1960s. Since then, their technology has improved immensely creating many advantages of robots. The advancement of robotics has also caused robots to become more widespread across various industries ranging from manufacturing to health care. Robots have proven to be beneficial in enhancing productivity, promoting safety, and cost and time efficiency.
Robots and Productivity
- Robots produce more accurate and high quality work.
- Robots rarely make mistakes and are more precise than human workers.
- They can produce a greater quantity in a short amount of time.
- They can work at a constant speed with no breaks, days off, or holiday time.
- They can perform applications with more repeatability than humans.
Robots for Safety
- Robots save workers from performing dangerous tasks.
- They can work in hazardous conditions, such as poor lighting, toxic chemicals, or tight spaces.
- They are capable of lifting heavy loads without injury or tiring.
- Robots increase worker safety by preventing accidents since humans are not performing risky jobs.
- Robots save time by being able to produce a greater magnitude of products
- They also reduce the amount of wasted material used due to their accuracy
- Robots save companies money in the long run with quick ROIs (return on investment), fewer worker injuries (reducing or eliminating worker’s comp), and with using less materials.
The list of the advantages of robots does not end there; they have also created jobs for workers. Many people believe the misconception that robots have taken away jobs from workers, but that is not necessarily true. Robots have created new jobs for those who were once on production lines with programming. They have pulled employees from repetitive, monotonous jobs and put them in better, more challenging ones. They also allow US companies to remain competitive, keeping jobs local. Robots are user-friendly, intelligent, and affordable. The benefits of robots continue to grow as more industries incorporate them. Contact Robots.com at 877−762−6881 for help in choosing the right robot or get free price quotes.
You might be also interested in:
Latest Advancements in Material Cutting Robotics
Read about the latest technological advancements in robotic material cutting.
Emerging 3D Vision Technologies for Industrial Robots
Learn about the emerging 3D vision technology that businesses are using for industrial robot applications.
Most Popular Industrial Robotic Applications for 2021 and Projections
Explore the most popular application trends of 2021 and what to expect in the future.
Request your quick quote today.