Plasma cutting has many benefits, which has made it an attractive application in many different industries. This cutting process uses a gas jet, charged at great speeds to cut metal up to six inches thick at very high temperatures.
The advantages of robotic plasma cutting are numerous:
- Cutting Speed – Robotic plasma cutters are five times faster than traditional, manual torches, and are able to cut up to 500 inches per minute.
- Wide Range of Material and Thickness – Plasma cutting robots can make precise cuts in a variety of metals and thicknesses. These plasma cutters use nitrogen, which enables them to cut steel, aluminum and other metals.
- Ease of Use – Robot plasma cutters require marginal training, making them user-friendly.
- Multi-tasking – Robot plasma cutting systems are not just limited to cutting. They can be used as gauges, lining up material perfectly.
- Safety – This cutting application uses gas that is not highly flammable, eliminating some of the safety hazards with gas cutting procedures.
- Economical – Plasma cutting is a cost effective application – it is less expensive than laser or water-jet cutting.
- Keeps Materials Cool – Despite operating at high temperatures, plasma cutting robotic systems can keep the surface of materials cool. This prevents warping and damage to paint and other coatings.
These many advantages add up to an application that will not only cut production and labor costs, but will also improve the quality of your product.
RobotWorx, a certified integrator of FANUC, Motoman and KUKA robots, has several plasma cutting robot models available to customers. Our team of engineers, designers and salesmen will work with you to come up with the best plasma cutting option available.
For more information about the benefits of plasma cutting robots, contact RobotWorx today online or at 740-251-4312.