Solving Design Issues with Robot Simulation
Robotic simulation is ideal for solving design and programming problems for robot systems. It is a combination of the 2 most common forms of simulation, discrete event and continuous simulation. Throughout the years the advantages of simulation have grown immensely due to advances in robotic technology.
Benefits of Simulation
- Robot simulation is perfect for designing automation systems and is far more advantageous than CAD systems.
- Simulation produces higher quality designs for automation.
- It allows synchronized group manufacturing through open communication of concepts and designs.
- Tool efficiency permits engineers to produce alternatives and create better schemes.
- Robot simulation also creates system reviews so engineers can test the accuracy of their automation processes.
Capabilities of Robot Simulation
- Visualizing automation and application processes is conceivable with 3D technology.
- Robot simulation is capable of collision detection in which software can calculate where an accident could occur and how to prevent it.
- Robot reachability can be easily tested allowing engineers the ability to ensure robots have the correct dimensions.
- Robot simulation eliminates the threat of safety issues such as damaged equipment when creating robot paths, thus saving on time.
- Realistic Robot Simulation (RRS) has created “black box” software that contains the algorithms for the robot movement, permitting accurate motion and cycle time assessments.
- It can simulate other equipment such as end-effectors, aiding in collision detection.
- Lastly robot simulation can integrate custom software and be easily transitioned to the real world.
For more information or a quote contact RobotWorx at 740-251-4312