FANUC ArcMate 100iBe is Perfectly Precise, yet Compact
FANUC thoughtfully designed all elements of this system to enhance product quality and output. This is seen with the incredible reach/stroke ratio of 1,373 mm reach to 985 mm stroke. In addition, the high-six-axis speeds and condensed wrist design help to minimize air cut times. In order to shorten welding lead length, improve the wire feed reliability and arc start capability, there is a wire feed motor mounted directly to the robot’s upper arm. The ARC Mate 100iBe offers different options based on your needs as it is available with 2 or 6 brakes.
In addition, the 100iBe was made to be compact in order to simplify the installation process and help ease transportation of the system. To further preserve production floor space, FANUC decided to integrate the R-J3iB controller into the base of the robot which also makes the installation process easier. The R-J3iB Mate controller helps to provide easy installation, startup, troubleshooting and maintenance. It also includes application-specific hard keys to help give intuitive control over the process.
Some of the other great features of the 100iBe include the plug and play performance with an ArcLink interface to Lincoln Electric Power Wave or Surface Tension Transfer. Also, TurboMove helps to increase arc on-time and throughput with its advanced servo control features to help perfectly control the speed and smoothness of the point-to-point motion. Increased flexibility is brought to the 100iBe by serial link construction which eliminates the link arm and decreases moving parts. There are also vital bearings to give the robot rigidity and performance with a trustworthy FANUC AC servo motor that includes absolute encoder positioning.
In order to accommodate both simple and complex arc welding jobs, the following software features are supported:
- Torch Guard: When a collision is detected, Torch Guard comes to the rescue and stops any motion.
- TorchMate: In order to improve weld quality, TorchMate is available to work in conjunction with Torch Guard and adjust for changes in the tool center point.
- Touch Sensing: This option allows the robot to rapidly locate parts and store the position information to offset the robot path as necessary. This increases compensation for part variation and decreases the need for trimmed parts and expensive fixtures.
- Data Monitor: When the feedback parameters do not stay inside a predefined window, Data Monitor helps to flag the weld and keeps a record of this feedback for future use.
- Error Recovery: This helps to reduce system downtime and scrap by enabling the robot to automatically move to a repair position, user defined, and return to welding after the repair has been made.
- Password: To increase security, Password Protection offers four levels of security to help limit the access of users to prevent unauthorized data modifications. Event Logging records operational changes made to teach pendant programs and system data.
If you are looking for a precise and reliable arc welding robot, then the ARC Mate 100iBe is your solution. RobotWorx is a certified integrator for several different robotic manufacturers, including FANUC Robotics, so we are ready to assist you. We offer a RobotWorx Value Package, RobotWorx Personalized Inspection Report, free training, free FANUC Licensed Software, and warranty with every robotic purchase.
If you are interested in improving your manufacturing process with the FANUC ARC Mate 100iBe then you should give our RobotWorx representatives a call today at 740-251-4312 or contact them online.